Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Institución:STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY UNIT of IBMB-CSIC
The Structural Biology Unit (SBU) of the Molecular Biology Institute of Barcelona (IBMB) is one of leading research units of the Spanish Research Council (CSIC). The SBU consists of seven research groups, featuring over 60 researchers, which aim to understand the cell machinery from a structural perspective. In this realm, the unit stands a leading position in the field of macromolecular X-ray crystallography in Spain.
In 2015, the SBU was selected as a "María de Maeztu" Unit of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), which recognizes exceptional quality in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer. In this context, SBU has opened an International Postdoctoral Program aimed at increasing the possibilities of European-wide mobility for training and career development of experienced researchers in projects of excellence in cutting-edge of structural biology.
POST-DOCTORAL CALL 2016
Five postdoctoral contracts are available for a period of up to three years, to be enrolled in the following research projects:
1. Structural studies of protein-DNA complexes involved in gene transcription regulation.
2. Biochemistry and molecular biology of proteolytic enzymes and of the host-microbiome interaction.
3. Development of computational methods in macromolecular crystallography.
4. Structural studies on mitochondrial DNA regulatory proteins
5. Genome-wide bioinformatic analysis of nucleosomal DNA topology.
Applicants will be hired under standard CSIC contract conditions (plus Social security and Health insurance benefits).
HOW TO APPLY?
The application deadline is 11th April of 2016. Candidates will be required to provide the following information in their application:
• Personal data and CV specifying education and experience (including list of publications, conferences, projects, fellowships obtained, awards…).
• Covering letter, including motivation for applying and indicating the research lines of interest.
• 2 letters of recommendation. Referees will send their confidential letters directly to SBU-IBMB by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection committee made up of SBU group leaders and project managers will review proposals received. Evaluation will be based on candidate's CV according to the number and relevance of publications, fellowships obtained under competitive calls, participation in international meetings, reference letters, and other merits (teaching, patents, mobility, etc.).
In May, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews with the selection committee and the group leader of the research line of interest. The interview will evaluate motivation, communication skills, independent thinking, ability to team work, suitability for the research line, etc.
By the end of May, contract offers will be made. Applicants who have not been successful but have received a positive evaluation will be put on a waiting list to cover possible renunciations.
Call Opening March 15, 2016
Call Deadline April 11, 2016
Selection of candidates April-May 2016
Notification to candidates Last week of May
Start of contracts July 1, 2016
Información complementaria de la oferta:
If you need additional information, please contact:
Laia Vives Adrián
SBU María de Maeztu Project Manager