Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Institución:STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY UNIT of IBMB-CSIC
The Structural Biology Unit (SBU) of the Molecular Biology Institute of Barcelona (IBMB) is one of leading research units of the Spanish Research Council (CSIC). The SBU consists of seven research groups, featuring over 60 researchers, which aim to understand the cell machinery from a structural perspective. In this realm, the unit stands a leading position in the field of macromolecular X-ray crystallography in Spain.
In 2015, the SBU was selected as a "María de Maeztu" Unit of Excellence by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO), which recognizes exceptional quality in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer. In this context,In this context, the MINECO supports "María de Maeztu" Units with seven PhD fellowships for graduate students to start in the fourth quarter of 2016.
PRE-DOCTORAL CALL 2016
1. The seven fellowships are to join one of the following research lines each:
• Structural studies of protein-DNA complexes involved in gene transcription regulation
• Structure of proteins involved on pathological processes.
• Structural studies on mitochondrial DNA regulatory proteins.
• Structural studies on macromolecular complexes involved in exocytosis.
• Biochemistry and molecular biology of proteolytic enzymes and of the host-microbiome interaction
• DNA topology, regulation and functional implications.
• Development of computational methods in macromolecular crystallography.
2. The grant salary for 4-years will be specified in the MINECO call. (You can consult 2015 call here: http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2015/06/12/pdfs/BOE-A-2015-6508.pdf)
Candidates should have a university degree and a master's degree by September 2016, with a minimum of 300 European Higher Education Area ECTS credits (at least 60 must come from the master's studies). In addition, candidates must have a good level of English.
HOW TO APPLY?
The application deadline is 11th April of 2016. You will be required to provide the following information in your application:
• Personal data and CV specifying education and experience.
• Covering letter, including motivation for applying and indicating the research line of interest.
• A scan of the Certified Academic Record, showing grades obtained (degree and masters). If these are not in Catalan, Spanish or English, applicants should attach a translation into one of these languages.
• 2 letters of recommendation. Referees will send their confidential letters directly to SBU-IBMB by e-mail to: email@example.com
After the closing date, a selection committee made up of SBU-IBMB group leaders and project management staff will review the applications. Students will be selected on the basis of academic and technical excellence, reference letters and their motivation to work at a Unit of Excellence.
In May, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. The interview will evaluate motivation, communication skills, independent thinking, autonomy, receptivity, etc.
By the end of May, selected candidates will be assisted to apply for the fellowship through the dedicated online application form. As it is an external call from the MINECO we can only guarantee the fellowship assignation if all the requirements of the external call are accomplished.
Call Opening March 15, 2016
Call Deadline April 11, 2016
Selection of candidates April-May 2016
Notification to candidates End of May
MINECO fellowship application June*
Fellowship start October-December*
*Estimated period, depending on MINECO calendar.
Información complementaria de la oferta:
If you need additional information, please contact:
Laia Vives Adrián
SBU Maria de Maeztu Project Manager