Boletín semanal de ofertas de empleo publico
Institución:ICCRAM-UNIVERSIDAD DE BURGOS
ICCRAM-University of Burgos (Spain) has a PreDoc vacancy related to large scale MD simulations of MoS2 in the framework of H2020-MSCA-ITN-2016-SOLUTION-GA-721642
ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF BURGOS-ICCRAM:
ICCRAM (International Research Center in CRMs for Advanced Industrial Technologies), is an International Excellence Research Center located at the University of Burgos facilities, which is developing activities in the following areas: Biophysics, Biotechnology, Industrial Technology, Materials science, Nanosafety, Materials design, Nanotechnology, Nuclear technology, Resource management efficiency, Eco-innovation and Substitution of critical raw materials. ICCRAM is a major partner in international organizations such as EU-NANOfutures or the International Nanotechnology Industries Association (NIA) with participation in 12 H2020 European projects and 3 international actions in the framework of COST, EERA, and ITER.
Under the framework of H2020-MSCA-ITN-2016-SOLUTION-GA-721642, a research and training program for 14 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) pursuing their PhD in various disciplines covering the broadly defined area of solid lubricant coatings is provided. The research and training activities of SOLUTION will involve 14 individual research projects. An ESR will be hired for 3 (three) years by one of the host institutions and enrolled in a PhD program.
The project combines theoretical approaches represented by advanced nanoscale simulations, laboratory design and fabrication of novel solid lubricants supported by simulations, and the up-scaling of promising solutions and their application in selected emerging engineering applications. SOLUTION will link industries from various areas dealing with similar issues through intensive training and knowledge sharing. Three topics driven by industrial partners have been selected to demonstrate the added value of simultaneous development and training. The use of modern solid lubricants underlines the transformation of industry towards smart design, which is based on predictive models and cross-communication throughout the entire production chain.
Fellows supported by the project will have a unique opportunity to gain competence ranging from simulation, characterization and processing, to industrial processes and entrepreneurship. Highly individualized multidisciplinary training reflecting actual market needs, together with scientific excellence, will generate an open-minded generation able to harvest multidisciplinary knowledge and to successfully face challenges represented by the design of competitive solid lubricants.
In particular, one of the two individual research projects developed in ICCRAM-University of Burgos will develop advanced MD methodologies to study the friction phenomena at the nanoscale, in particular to understand the mechanisms of the low friction exhibited by TMD and extract complex molecular information about solid lubricant tribolayer formation. The project is linked to the macroscopic properties identified in industrial solid lubricants and the atomic behaviour predicted by ab-initio calculations.
Given that the positions are funded by the European Commission on a H2020-MSCA-ITN, eligibility restrictions apply:
• Experience: Early-Stage Researchers (ESRs) shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited.
• Mobility rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
• Each ESR will be supported by the project for a maximum of 36 months.
• All ESRs will take part in a secondment to another project partner for up to 30% of their appointment period (see below).
• Mobility Allowances and Family Allowances (dependant on family circumstances) are payable to ESRs.
• Secondments: At least two secondments of 2 months each to the collaborating partners will be organised during the project.
Experience and interest in the following will be positively valued:
• Hold a university Degree on Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent scientific/technical disciplines with excellent record.
• Previous experience in research. Presentations on Congresses or publications on the field of the present vacancy.
• Experience on computational science, modelling of materials, used to work in linux/unix
• For this position it is compulsory to have programming skills (i.e. fortran, c, c++, python, matlab …).
• Capacity to work as a member of a team, flexibility, total availability and high motivation to do international stays.
• High motivation on scientific research.
• A 3-year EU-funded inter-disciplinary position which is available at the University of Burgos-ICCRAM.
• Salary: This position is funded by a Marie Curie Initial Training Network initiative. Salary includes a living allowance, adjusted for location and a € 600 mobility allowance. An additional € 500 family allowance may be payable depending on circumstances.
The successful candidates will benefit from a wide-ranging training programme featuring local, network-wide, and external activities with many opportunities for travel to the other European partners in the network. In addition to top-level specific scientific training in the disciplines, techniques and topics investigated at each node, such programme will include (but is not limited to) attendance to international schools, exchanges and secondments to other nodes, specific training on transferable skills, and in particular courses on scientific communication (e.g. scientific writing for publications, and presentation skills) and specific training on intellectual property rights (IPR) protection.
Información complementaria de la oferta:
HOW TO APPLY?
You can either send your CV, academic records and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to receive the applications is 22/06/2017.